A Walk in the Woods
Forests have helped humans progress, join the Whitelee Countryside Rangers for 'A Walk in the Woods' to discover Whitelee forest and how it has contributed!
About A Walk in the Woods
Sorry, but this event has been and gone!
Forests have helped humans progress - so come along with the rangers to discover Whitelee forest and how it has contributed.
Please note: There are limited seats available on minibus leaving from Whitelee Visitor Centre.
BOOKING IS ESSENTIAL! - don't forget your waterproofs and your lunch.
Call or email the Ranger Service for more information or to book - firstname.lastname@example.org
All events provided by the Whitelee Countryside Ranger Service are FREE.
• We would like to take photos during our events for use in promotional materials but you have a right to refuse. In accordance with general data protection regulations (GDPR) if we do wish to take photos we will request your permission and provide a photo consent form.
• All children must be accompanied by an adult.
• Please wear/bring suitable outdoor clothing and footwear. Prepare for changeable weather.
• For cycle events please ensure bikes are well maintained and suitable for the terrain. Cycle helmets are mandatory on all WCRS cycle events.
• If you book an event but then can’t make it, please let us know ASAP so that we can fill your spaces.
• Dogs are welcome on most events, but some may not be suitable for them. Please contact the rangers about bringing your dog to an event.
• All published distances and finish times are approximate and subject to change.
• Please consult the WCRS web page (www.eastrenfrewshire.gov.uk/whitelee) for maps and directions to event meeting points or contact the rangers.
• Please aim to arrive at least 5 minutes before the published event start time.
While we take every opportunity to ensure the details for A Walk in the Woods are accurate, we always advise that you contact the event organiser before setting out for the event to avoid disapointment.
Other Events at Whitelee Windfarm Visitor Centre or Whitelee Countryside Rangers
Active Events you might like...
23rd May 2019
Mearns Castle Golf Academy, Newton Mearns
Looking for a new hobby? Want to make new friends? Fancy something different? Get into Golf is an initiative designed to help introduce new players to the game in a fun and welcoming environment!
Family and Kids Events you might like...
23rd May 2019
Dunterlie Resource Centre, Barrhead
East Renfrewshire ASN Lego Club runs on alternate Thursday nights in Dunterlie Resource Centre, Barrhead, come and join them for lots of LEGO fun!
25th May 2019
Eglinton Arms Hotel, Eaglesham
Get the family together and come on down to the Eglinton Arms Hotel to celebrate the start of the Eaglesham Fair at this FAMILY DISCO!
Nature Events you might like...
27th May 2019
Off Grid Kids, Clarkston
Off Grid Kids hold outdoor based toddler sessions at Aidans Brae Woods, Clarkston on Mondays and Wednesdays during term time!
Find other events in East Renfrewshire
On Saturday 25th May NDT Cycling are holding their next Big Bike Sale at their hub in Rouken Glen Park, come along and pick up a fully reconditioned secondhand bike!
Playground Festival is a brand new three day music festival, featuring an eclectic mix of iconic international and best new artists, coming to Rouken Glen Park on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th August 2019!
From Saturday 25th to Monday 27th May 2019 Eastwood Artists will be holding their annual art exhibition in the Coach House at Greenbank Gardens!
The East Renfrewshire Festival of Colour returns to Rouken Glen Park on Saturday 27th July... come along and join the fun!
Come along and find out about all the different ways you can self-manage to stay well physically and mentally at RAMH's Gaun Yersel Fest in Rouken Glen Park on Monday 27th May!
Advertise With Us
Looking to reach new customers? We offer a variety of advertising options with prices starting from just £30 per month!
Click here to find out more »