Listed in: Public and Social Services - Churches and Places of Worship
We have no opening hours information for The Park Church
About The Park Church
The Park Church has had a Christian presence within the Giffnock area for over 75 years and although it is younger than her two older sisters, Orchardhill Church and Giffnock South, its impact has been no less significant. It all began with the building of the new housing estate of Orchard Park just before the outbreak of war in 1939. The proposition of a new Church Extension Charge in the Orchard Park Area was proposed through the Very Rev. Dr. John White of the Barony Church in Glasgow who had a deep interest in Church Extension projects. Following that decision through saw the appointment of Orchard Park Church’s First parish minister, Rev David H. McMahon when he was inducted on the 26th April 1940.
The establishment of a congregation and minister did not take long to put into effect but the provision of their won suite of buildings that took a wee bit longer. In the interim the congregation met for Worship in Giffnock Courthouse which then was attached to Giffnock Police Station in Braidholm Road. It still is a Police Station and Courthouse to this day.
Sorry, but we have no upcoming events for The Park Church. If you know of an event taking place at The Park Church or anywhere else in East Renfrewshire tell us about it
and we'll list it on the website, for free!