|30th Sep 2020 to 11th Nov 2020|
|Various Locations East Renfrewshire|
|This is a free event|
|Visit the event website here|
|Follow BTSEastRen on Twitter|
|Facebook information can be found here|
Beat the Street is a free, interactive game that encourages people of all ages to ditch the car and see how far they can walk, cycle or run in a bid to win prizes for their community or school team.
Beeping and flashing sensors called Beat Boxes will be placed on lampposts around the area for the duration of the game. Pupils at participating primary schools will be provided with fobs while their parents and teachers will receive a card from the school so they can accompany the children. These can then be registered to the school team to help them to score points.
The wider community can pick up a contactless card from a distribution point, a list of which are available on the website. Players then walk or cycle between the Beat Boxes which are spaced half a mile apart – tapping the fobs or cards as they go. The further players travel, the more points they score.
Covid Safety Measures:
Beat the Street is low-risk, contactless and easy to play whilst maintaining social distancing. It is created by Intelligent Health, a team of physical health experts led by Dr William Bird, a GP working on the NHS frontline against Covid-19.
We are operating strict safety measures including:
• Our Beat Boxes are now extra sensitive so they are now 'contactless' - there is no need to touch the Boxes with your card or fob.
• You'll notice more signs and 2 metre markers to remind players to keep their distance. We ask that you wait patiently for your turn at the Beat Box and give players space if there are others waiting for their turn at the Box.
• We will not be holding events that encourage big groups to gather. According to the Scottish Government, you should only meet in small numbers outdoors - no more than 15 people, from up to 4 different households should gather together outside and they should stay socially distanced at all times.
• Do not share or touch each other's cards or fobs.
• As always, wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds when you return home.
Visit beatthestreet.me/eastrenfrewshire to keep up to date with the leaderboards and find out more.
While we take every opportunity to ensure the details for Beat The Street East Renfrewshire are accurate, we always advise that you contact the event organiser before setting out for the event to avoid disapointment. All information (whether in text or photographs) is given in good faith but should not be relied upon as being a statement of representation or fact.
Arthurlie Bowling Club are running outdoor bowling sessions that can be enjoyed by anyone experiencing difficulties with their memory or living with dementia on Fridays between April and October.
Core Glow's Meditation, Dynamic and Heart-centred Meditation & Healing Workshop is a fully interactive introduction into the mechanics of meditation, dynamic meditation and healing for self & others.